A 2-day seminar to learn all the ins and outs of Outreach. It assists outreach workers to further professionalize their work.
|Target group:||Practical workers in the drugs and Aids field|
|Trainer:||Ernst Buning, psychologist with extensive experience in outreach services|
|Method:||The training is a combination of knowledge transfer, exchange of experience and skills building|
On the first day of this 2-day workshop, the definition and tasks of Outreach are discussed following 4 categories:
- Client related
- Services related
- Community related
- Organization related
On the morning of the second day, the following issues are discussed:
- Risk of creating dissociation
- Misunderstandings about the mission?
- How to deal with criticism?
- The managing of burn-out
In the early afternoon of the second day, the added value of outreach is discussed:
- A culturally sensitive and unconditional approach with an 'human touch'
- Information about safer drug use, safe sex and treatment options is provided to drug users who are not in treatment
- Advocacy and empowerment
- Luring drug users into treatment
- Break barriers and build bridges
In the last session, integrating outreach in existing organizations and Outreach as a profession are being treated.